40 Cheesy Math Jokes That’ll Make “Sum” of Your Students
Monday, January 20, 2020
There are an infinite number of ways to make math class fun! Why not start your class with some of these cheesy math jokes? You’ll have your students cracking up and ready to use their math brains.
1. Why is it sad that parallel lines have so much in common?
Because they’ll never meet.
3. Why should you never mention the number 288?
Because it’s “two” gross.
Have you heard about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers? He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
5. Why couldn’t the angle get a loan?
Its parents wouldn’t cosine.
7. Why did the student get upset when his teacher called him average?
It was a mean thing to say!
8. Did you hear that old math teachers never die?
They just lose some of their functions.
10. What did one math book say to the other?
Don’t bother me. I’ve got my own problems!
12. A farmer counted 396 cows in his field.
But when he rounded them up, he had 400.
13. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!)
15. Student One: I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday.
Student Two: She must be plotting something.
16. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake?
18. What do you call an empty parrot cage?
A polygon. (A polly gone.)
20. What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
21. Why do teenagers travel in groups of three?
Because they can’t even.
23. Why couldn’t the number four get into the nightclub?
Because it was too square.
24. Why doesn’t anybody talk to circles?
Because there’s no point!
26. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach?
A tangent. (A tan gent.)
28. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Because they already 8!
29. What do baby parabolas drink?
Source: We Are Teachers
31. You know what seems odd to me?
Numbers that can’t be divided by two.
32. What is a math teacher’s favorite vacation destination?
34. What do you call a number that just can’t stand still?
A “roamin'” numeral.
36. Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?
Because it had more sense.
37. Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
39. I’ll do algebra, I’ll do trig, I’ll even do statistics.
But graphing is where I draw the line!