Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Duration: Long term – ASAP start
Salary: Pay to scale
Our client based in North Birmingham are committed to the highest standards in everything they do. All their students should leave the academy as articulate, aspirational individuals equipped for the modern world and able to make a positive contribution to their community.
They are committed to supporting British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, respect and tolerance.
They are proud of our diverse community of students, staff and we are committed to creating an environment where individuals flourish and are treated with dignity and respect.
Their community represents over 60 minority ethnic groups with over 50 different home languages. A high proportion of our students (60%) come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
They are committed to equality and diversity and aim to ensure that:
- Fairness and inclusion are fundamental to everything we do.
- Diversity is valued and celebrated.
- Good relationships between diverse groups are promoted.
- Respect is at the heart of academy life.
- All young people benefit from exceptional education opportunities.
- All students and staff have an equal opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Benefits to the local community we serve are maximised.
Balfor Recruitment are currently seeking a Qualified Science Teacher to teach KS3 and KS4. You will be responsible for delivering and planning lessons to GCSE standard. This role is to start ASAP and will run till the end of the academic year. The position is for 5 days a week (Monday – Fri). You will need to hold QTS or NQT and have experience of teaching Science to KS3 and KS4. The school are looking for a confident teacher with good communication and behaviour management.
- Full Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Experience working with SEN children
- Recent relevant experience
- Excellent planning and preparation ability
- Available full time
- Recent school based references
Balfor Recruitment is an award winning recruiter to the public, private and non-profit sectors for temporary, contract and permanent staffing. With over 20 years of proven success within the recruitment industry we can provide specialist staff in the following areas:
- SEN Teachers and Support Staff
- Primary Teachers and Support Staff
- Secondary Teachers and Support Staff
- Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants
- FE Lecturers
- Note Takers
- BSL Signers
- Academic Support Workers and Dyslexia Tutors
What you’ll get in return:
As well as an attractive and competitive daily rate, you will gain experience of working within a school and a good insight into the education sector. We’re extremely proud to have been assisting schools in these areas for several years. You will also join our refer a friend scheme where you could be entitled to receive £200 in vouchers.
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role then click “apply now” to forward an up to date copy of your CV