Head of Mathematics
Contract: Fixed Term or Permanent and full time
Start: September 2019
Salary: Matched to candidates experience and qualifications
Our client is a well-established co-educational Independent School, looking for an excellent maths teacher, who is ready for their next challenge and looking to step up, with regards to responsibility and take on take on Head of Maths department. The school are looking for Head of Maths to review and maintain mathematics for 7 - 13 age children. The school is based in a lovely rural location and is open to a fixed term contract for Head of Maths, for the autumn term, or for a high calibre candidate, available for a permanent role as Head of Maths position can be explored.
The overall role of the Maths teacher at the school is to provide the pupils within the school with high quality teaching to promote their learning and well-being, being constantly mindful of their pastoral needs.
Duties as Head of Maths:
- be accountable for Maths throughout the school
- oversee and support all staff teaching Maths
- to teach Maths to prep school pupils aged 7 to 13 years of age
- to lead an annual residential trip for Maths
- implement systems of assessment that facilitate coordination and continuity between year groups and sections of the school
- oversee the progression of Maths throughout the school
The Successful Candidate:
- Successful maths teaching experience across the ability and age range
- Appropriate qualifications (e.g. Degree)
Interviews will takin place upon receipt of application
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this opportunity please send Usma your CV;
or please call
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.