Reference Number: MATHS99107
Region: Kent, Gravesend
Salary: 100 - 150 per Day
Position: Teaching Jobs
Maths, Science and Food Teacher Job, Alternative Curriculum, Dartford
Start: January 2016
Are you looking for a post with more variety?
Would you like the opportunity to see the results of your teaching, in a lively yet caring environment?
If that sounds like you, read on....
We are currently recruiting for an innovative SEN Teacher who is able to teach Maths, Science and Food Technology to GCSE. We are looking for an SEN Teacher with a background and experience of working within Pupil Referral Units/Alternative Curriculum or can offer experience of working with young people who are disengaged and have been excluded from mainstream school. You will be expected to teach across Maths, Science and Food Technology.
In order to carry out this SEN Teacher role effectively, you will have:
- QTS or an equivalent qualification
- experience of/ability to deliver Maths, Science and Food from Level 2 to GCSE level. The Food Technology will be delivering the Jamie Oliver Cooking Skills qualifications
- an understanding of Alternative Curriculum methods
- the ability to deliver creative and innovative lessons to students who are reluctant and disengaged from education
- excellent behaviour management skills
- experience of leading a team of support staff
- the ability to build and manage relationships constructively with a wide range of pupils
This centre is part of a cross phase alternative education provision catering for children and young people between the ages of 5 and 18. This role will be based in a Year 10 provision providing full-time education to those excluded from mainstream education. A structured 'school like' environment is in place where a broad and balanced curriculum is offered.
A current Capita Education Teacher has stated "I am thoroughly enjoying my time here, the teaching methods are so much more interactive to engage students. I really do see the results of my teaching"
This will start as a temporary role but could progress to a permanent role for the right Teacher.
In return for your hard work Capita Education Resourcing will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate, reviewed after 12 weeks
- Cash back on your DBS check
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules
- A safe and rewarding environment to work
- An opportunity to make a difference in the SEN sector
If you're interested in this Maths, Science and Food Technology teaching job simply apply. To request further details or for information on other SEN teaching jobs in Dartford, Kent, please contact Tara Lancaster at Capita Education on 01622 693545