Reference Number: SENEN09739
Region: Kent, Gravesend
Salary: 100 - 130 per Day
Position: Teaching Jobs
English Teacher Job, Alternative Curriculum, Gravesend
To be or not to be, is this the English teaching job for you?
Do you love the challenge of inspiring and engaging young people with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties?
We are currently recruiting for an innovative and experienced SEN English Teacher. The successful Teacher will be teaching English to GCSE level. We are looking for an SEN English Teacher with a background and experience of working within Pupil Referral Units or can offer experience of working with young people who are disengaged and are at risk or have been excluded from mainstream school.
This cross phase pupil referral unit caters for children and young people between the ages of 5 and 18. The centre provides full-time education to those excluded from mainstream education or offer a period of respite to students with behavioural issues. A structured 'school like' environment is in place where a broad and balanced curriculum is offered. Full support is provided to ensure a successful reintegration back into mainstream education.
In order to carry out this English Teacher role effectively, you will have:
- QTS or an equivalent qualification
- experience of delivering English Literacy and Language to GCSE level
- an understanding of Alternative Curriculum methods
- the ability to deliver creative and innovative lessons to students who are reluctant and disengaged from education
- excellent behaviour management skills
- experience of leading a team of support staff
- the ability to build and manage relationships constructively with a wide range of pupils
We will consider applications from Primary trained Teachers and also those who can offer a minimum of four days. This will start as a temporary role but could progress to a permanent role for the right Teacher.
In return for your hard work Capita Education Resourcing will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate, reviewed after 12 weeks
- Cash back on your DBS check
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules
- A safe and rewarding environment to work
- An opportunity to make a difference in the SEN sector
To request further details or for further information on other SEN English Teaching jobs in Gravesend, Kent, please contact Tara Lancaster at Capita Education on 01622 693545.