Reference Number: HROFF80333
Region: London, Kensington and Chelsea
Salary: 10 - 13 per Hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part Time Interim HR Officer to join an inclusive South West London College. The HR Officer will provide support and advice to the College Business Manager in the area of Human Resources including preparing reports, attending and taking notes/minutes of meetings and advising on HR policies and procedures.
The HR Officer will act as the first point of contact with the college, responding to enquiries and passing appropriate information to staff and to assist with the smooth administration of the school.
* Manage and maintain the Single Central Record and ensure information is entered daily to keep it completely up to date at all times in accordance with safeguarding legislation.
* To reconcile the Single Central Record to SIMS and TimeNet fortnightly to ensure every member of staff signing into the building has a valid DBS. Train and monitor other staff on reception to ensure safeguarding procedures are being followed
* Record all request for absence (personal), cover and School trips in SIMS. Advise the staff member whether the request has been accepted or rejected. Ensure all forms are authorised by the Principal before entering into SIMS and arranging cover.
* Ensure vetting and DBS information is gathered and checked before a new teacher is on site. Including ensuring vetting information is received for all non-staff visiting the school.
* To facilitate the interview process for agency long term teaching vacancies
* To assist in maintaining up-to-date accurate personnel records in accordance with statutory and audit requirements.
The college itself has recently been rated 'Good' at Ofsted and is a small supportive and welcoming secondary college. The senior leadership team along with all members of staff embrace committed to encouraging and supporting every individual to achieve their potential.
* Experience of SIMS (School Information Management System) or equivalent
* Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to handle situations with tact and sensitivity involving staff and families. To understand the need for confidentiality.
* Ability to manage and prioritise workload and be flexible without supervision, with the ability to manage time effectively and adhere to deadlines.
* Flexibility and a willingness/ability to see things through.
* Recognised HR qualification
* Up to date knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to the protection of children and young people
* Excellent communication skills with an effective telephone manner
We are looking for a candidate who is immediately available for 21 hours over 3 to 4 days per week with a certain amount of flexibility as to which days per week.
If you are available to interview immediately please get in touch with the team on 01622 677108 or e-mail email@example.com for a full job description