**Competitive Salary + TLR**
**Excellent CPD opportunities**
**Friendly welcoming pupils**
This one and a half form entry primary school located in Hammersmith and Fulham is seeking a dynamic and forward thinking teacher to join their school for September 2015. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced teachers and NQT's.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties and responsibilities of teachers and the statutory frameworks.
- Plan teaching to achieve progression in pupils' learning through identifying clear teaching objectives and content, appropriate to the subject matter and the pupils being taught, and specifying how these will be taught and assessed.
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Regularly review the effectiveness of teaching and assessment procedures and its impact on pupils' progress, attainment and well-being.
- An awareness of pupils' capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs, gifted and talented, EAL, disabilities and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners' progress and levels of attainment
- Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress, their emerging needs and to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study
- Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons
- Set homework and plan other out of class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding of pupils
About the school
The school is over 100 years old and prides itself on its ethos, morals and high quality education that it delivers. There is a friendly and supportive staff team in place with plenty of opportunities for career progression and CPD for every staff member.
The school provides a safe, secure and happy environment where quality learning and teaching can take place and where emotional and pastoral needs are met. It also looks to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the intellectual, physical and creative need of each child, taking into full account the requirements of the National Curriculum and the specific needs of the local community.
Apply to this role