Reference Number: MATHS48977
Region: Kent, Tonbridge
Salary: 110 - 150 per Day
Position: Teaching Jobs
Maths Teacher Job, Pupil Referral Unit, Tonbridge
Are you a Maths Teacher who will rise to the challenge of working with those with disengaged from education?
Do you want a job where every day is different from the last?
If the answer is yes, then this could add up to be the right school for you!
This is a Key Stage 3 & 4 behaviour support provision based in the Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells area. Catering for pupils who have been or who are at risk of being excluded from school; they also provide education for pupils who are from out of area and cannot find a school place, Looked After Children and other vulnerable and hard-to-place pupils. There are exciting plans for development making them a leading provider of alternative education in West Kent. So what a perfect time to join the team!
Starting in September 2016, the role will be on a temporary basis with the potential for becoming permanent for the right candidate.
The post will be to provide planning and delivery of the Maths curriculum to GCSE level
In order to carry out this Maths Teacher role effectively, you will have:
- QTS or an equivalent qualification
- experience of delivering Maths to GCSE level
- an understanding of Alternative Curriculum methods
- the ability to deliver creative and innovative lessons to students who are reluctant and disengaged from education
- excellent behaviour management skills
- experience of leading a team of support staff
- the ability to build and manage relationships constructively with a wide range of pupils
- a sense of humour!!!
The school will offer a hardworking and supportive team of staff working jointly towards raising student achievement. Continual professional development is provided. The Headteacher has an excellent reputation within the Kent area having worked within alternative education for many years.
The school is easily accessible via public transport and also via the M20.
In return for your hard work Capita Education Recruitment will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate
- Cash back on your Capita DBS check
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules
- A safe and rewarding environment to work
- An opportunity to make a difference in the SEN sector
Interested? To apply, simply submit your CV. To request further details or for further information on other SEN Maths Teaching jobs in the Tonbridge area, Kent, please contact Tara Lancaster at Capita Education on 01622 693545.