Reference Number: CAREE45134
Region: South East London, Greenwich
Salary: 22000 - 28000 per Annum
Position: Support Staff
Qualified (essential) Careers Advisers wanted for new NEET contract! Full time, ASAP start - minimum of NVQ level 4 in Careers Information, Advice and Guidance ESSENTIAL! Good benefits and progression opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in getting young people from NEET in to EET, as this project has outcome targets. The NEETs will be of varying backgrounds and will include some who may have behavioural and educational issues, or other complex issues, therefore someone with experience with this cohort is desirable.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have the following skills and experience when making an application for the post in addition to being able to demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for working with young people and have a proven track record or engaging with NEETS and motivating them to succeed.
* Level 4 in Careers Information Advice and Guidance. (Key Selection Criteria)
* Outgoing and engaging networking skills with the ability to build beneficial relationships with learners, colleagues and stakeholders.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
* Good IT skills including sound knowledge of the use of Microsoft Excel, and Word.
* Proven experience of working with a high level of autonomy and in a target driven environment.
* The ability to work effectively and communicate with people from varied backgrounds.
* Previous experience of working with the Local Authorities, JCP and other lead referral agencies.
* Proven experience of working with young people aged 16 to 18.
* The ability to gain the trust of young people in order to motivate them.
* The ability to maintain confidentiality and boundaries when working with young people.
* A significant awareness of safeguarding
* In-depth understanding of NEET and Employability programmes.
* Experience of Traineeships Sector based Work Academies and outreach working and experience of working with young people.
If you would like a non-committal chat about the role before deciding if to send your CV, please call Michael on 0207 202 0039.
Part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company, Capita Education Recruitment has built a reputation for delivering the highest quality staff to schools in the UK over the last 15 years. Capita Education Recruitment ranks as one of the top four specialist education agencies (Recruitment International's Top 250 Report) and is one of only 50 recruitment companies to be awarded
REC Gold Audited Education status.
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.