Reference Number: 11TEA90814
Region: East Riding of Yorkshire, Beverley
Salary: 55 - 70 per Day
Position: Teaching Assistant
1:1 Teaching Assistant - Batley
A friendly, vibrant primary school in Batley is seeking a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil with an Educational Healthcare Plan on a full-time basis.
Are you an experienced teaching assistant with knowledge of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs?
If so, then we have the job for you.
You will be required to start at the earliest possible opportunity initially until October half-term with the potential to eventually be employed on a permanent basis.
As an enthusiastic and committed teaching assistant, you will become a valued member of the Inclusion team and will be working 1:1 with a pupil with behavioural needs.
As the successful teaching assistant, you will:
- Have experience of working with pupil(s) with Special Educational Needs in a mainstream setting
- Be patient and calm with an excellent sense of humour
- Be organised and thrive in the flexibility of working within this excellent team
- Recent classroom experience and knowledge of supporting children in an educational setting
- Be pro-active and be able to work under the direction of the experienced class teacher and senior leadership team
- Be qualified to support in the classroom to at least level 2.
We have worked with this school as well as the school's sister school for some time now and staff who have been to either of these schools have commented on how welcoming the atmosphere is and how helpful all of the staff have been to them during their time there. The school is extremely easy to access by car or public transport and is a short distance for anyone travelling from the M62.
If successful, you will be required to provide an enhanced DBS check as well as two educational references. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all candidates as well as adhering to strict Safeguarding procedures.