Trust: Secondary School, 3 schools
Job Area: Southwest London
Job title: Maths/English/ Science Teacher
Start date: September 2016
Salary: £ 27819-£ 46365
NQTs Considered: Yes
This trust with schools across the Southwest London area, taking the lead in many national and local initiatives and gaining recognition for their successes. Despite sustained outstanding outcomes for learners of all abilities in a wide range of subjects, they never rest on their laurels. Their shared vision is always to strive for excellence, and to continually raise the standard of teaching and learning.
They are looking to recruit a teacher to work across three great schools within the trust in the Southwest London area. They look to recruit outstanding teachers so that they can offer the best opportunities for all their learners. They are already privileged to have an excellent, highly collegiate and dedicated staff, and the value they place on individual development is reflected in the quality of our professional growth programme. This nurturing ethos, allied to innovation in areas such as assessment and pedagogy, has led to plans for significant expansion.
- Teach your subject area at KS3 and 4. There may also be the opportunity to teach some KS5.
- Play a central role in your respective department, contributing to extra-curricular activities including, workshops, extension programmes, revision sessions, competitions, trips and open days.
- Make a vital contribution to the efficient running of the department including, setting and marking examinations, assisting in moderation of coursework and undertaking administrative tasks as delegated by the Head of Department.
- Have a desire to further raise overall achievement in your subject area through promoting high standards of teaching and learning.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in your department and wider school through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching, mentoring and participation in CPD.
- Select, use and prepare appropriate resources and integrate ICT within teaching and learning.
- To liaise with all specialist support teachers regarding students either within or outside of the group e.g. SEN and EAL, but to remain accountable for the progress of those students.
- Any additional duties that may be requested by the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent academic qualifications, subject knowledge and possess an appropriate teaching certificate.
- A commitment to comprehensive education and to the active promotion of equal opportunity.
- Knowledge of current developments in the teaching of their subject area and the wider curriculum.
- Have a genuine passion for teaching your subject
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and development of young people and demonstrate a positive attitude to helping them achieve their potential.
- Have a flexible approach to teaching of your subject that seeks to promote the learning opportunities of all students and to secure the highest possible levels of achievement.
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the role of tutor as a central figure in the life of a student and their parent/guardians.
To apply and for further information, please contact Caleb Adetona at Capita Education Resourcing on 02072020031 or email
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).