Reference Number: SENTE91925
Region: East Riding of Yorkshire, Beverley
Salary: 55 - 75 per Day
Position: Teaching Assistant
Have you ever thought about working in a Pupil Referral Unit? How about being part of a leading team in Doncaster?
This Pupil Referral Unit based in the Doncaster area has an exciting future ahead. Currently catering for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils who have been or who are at risk of being excluded from school; they also provide education for pupils who are from out of area and cannot find a school place, Looked After Children and other vulnerable and hard-to-place pupils. There are exciting plans for development making them a leading provider of alternative education in Doncaster.
A key focus for the school at the moment is reintegration back into mainstream schooling. The role as an Outreach Teaching Assistant is to provide support in the PRU centre's, but to also support on a one-to-one basis within the mainstream classroom.
We would like to speak to SEN Teaching Assistants who:
- Have experience within an educational setting
- Hold GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others including Teachers, Parents and other outside agencies
- Have a background of working with children and young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties, and who are disengaged from education
- Have experience of supporting young people with additional needs including ASD
The school will offer a hardworking and supportive team of staff working jointly towards raising student achievement. Continual professional development is provided. The Head teacher has an excellent reputation within the Doncaster area having worked in alternative education for many years.
In return for your hard work and caring qualities Capita Education will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate
- Cash back on your DBS check
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules
- A safe and rewarding environment to work
- An opportunity to make a difference in the SEN sector
To be considered for this role, apply now by submitting your up to date CV.