Reference Number: TEMPO26111
Region: Kent, Tonbridge
Salary: 57.50 - 65 per Day
Position: Teaching Assistant
Temporary SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have experience of working with students with profound, complex and severe needs?
Or do you have an interest in working with children with special education needs?
Capita Education is currently recruiting for temporary SEN Teaching Assistants for this "Good" special school located in the Tonbridge area, Kent. We are looking for applicants with a background and experience of working within special educational needs or those who have the skills to work with children with special needs. The posts can be of a ad hoc nature or more long-term assignments.
The post will be to provide:
- A multi-sensory approach to learning
- Support to the Class Teacher through working with children on both a one to one and group basis
- Communication via methods such as PECs and Makaton and other communication methods
To carry out this SEN Teaching Assistant role effectively, you will:
- Have experience of working within a PMLD/SLD environment or have previous transferable experience within SEN whether this be within mainstream education or even outside of the education environment
To be able to offer specialist SEN skills such as manual handling, moving & lifting, PECs, Makaton, feeding and personal care would be an advantage, although not essential.
The school caters for children and young people with Profound, Severe and Complex learning difficulties. Many students are also on the Autistic Spectrum. In addition, many have a range of complex needs including sensory impairment, hearing impairment, and physical impairment. The school was marked as "Good with outstanding features" in its 2011 Ofsted inspection.
In return for your hard work and caring qualities Capita Education Resourcing will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate
- Access to CPD via e-learning modules
- A safe and rewarding environment to work
- An opportunity to make a difference in the SEN sector
To request further details of SEN Teaching Assistant jobs in the Tonbridge area or within Kent, please contact Tara Lancaster at Capita Education, SEN Division, Maidstone.
Capita Education Resourcing is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual is assessed on merit alone.