Job title: Site Manager
Job Start: Required for September 2016
Salary scale: £22,284 - £29,223 per annum
Contracted hours: 36 hours x 52 weeks
We are seeking to recruit site managers on behalf of two schools that we are working with in the Haringey area. One role is in a local primary school and the other is in a secondary school.
We require someone who is hard working, reliable and flexible to lead and manage the site team during their allocated shift.
- be responsible for all aspects of site management during their shift, these include security, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor repairs, organising quotes/tenders and contractors
- line management and direction of facilities staff and contractors
- work on a rota of days and evenings covering week days and weekends.
Essential skills for the role include:
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a team of dedicated support staff and visiting contractors and services
- Organisation and teamwork are important elements in these posts. You will need to be flexible and have the necessary skills to respond efficiently and effectively to changing and sometimes unexpected work demands.
- the ability to prioritise under pressure
- a "can do" approach, being prepared to fix and address minor issues for the safety and well-being of the children
- a flexible approach to working in all weathers
- a positive attitude towards, and an interest in, working around children
- a working knowledge of Health and Safety, manual handling, COSHH, Legionella legislation
- a proven track record of premises management or project management
- high expectations of themselves and others; including an excellent record of punctuality
- Significant experience or skills in a trade;
- IT skills would be an advantage
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For more information please contact John Byrne at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 or e-mail your CV to