Reference Number: 00055633
Region: Berkshire, Newbury
Salary: per Annum
Position: Head of Department
This academy is situated near the centre of Stickney, benefiting from a spacious site with ample playing fields and open views to the wolds. They are a small academy fully committed to valuing the potential in all members of their learning community. Honest and trusting relationships are crucial in achieving their aims.
The highest quality teaching and learning is at the heart of everything that they do.
It is no surprise that they received a Regional Award from PiXL for "Outstanding GCSE Results 2015"
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity within a forward thinking and innovative Academy, this could be your chance to shine.
They are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner and talented leader who has the vision and determination to lead their English department to achieve outstanding outcomes for all students.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning and possess recent, relevant, teaching and leadership experience.
They have high expectations and are committed to achieving success for all of their students; their challenge is to ensure that their performance in English matches these expectations.
This is a challenging, yet highly rewarding position, which will offer the successful candidate a highly supportive working environment within a culture of recognition and professional growth.
Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
Closing date: 4th July 2016
Interview date: W/C 11th July 2016
The role of the Head of Faculty is essential in supporting the rapid and sustained progress of all students. The Head of Faculty should be fully aware of each student's needs at every stage of their learning and in relation to their ability. The Head of Faculty is responsible for supporting staff in developing teaching and learning with the expectation that the needs of all students will be met.
- To lead other staff effectively, to ensure students make rapid and sustained progress
- To evaluate interventions by staff and whole Faculty team in support of student progress
- To act as a Subject Leader as appropriate within the Faculty Structure
- To act as a coach and mentor for Faculty members in enhancing and developing Teaching and Learning
- To ensure that all Faculty members are fully aware of and working in support of academy policies and expectations
- To monitor marking, assessment and the quality of teaching and learning across the Faculty taking action where necessary to bring about improvement
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.