We are currently recruiting for several Year 5 (Key Stage 2) Teachers in the Barking and Redbridge areas.
The schools are within reasonably close proximity and would be ideally located for anyone residing in around the boarders of either of these boroughs.
For this role you will be able to :
- Teach a class of pupils and ensure that planning, preparation, recording assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom. Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors
Your activities will include:
- Providing a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils.
- Leading, organising and directing support staff within the classroom.
- Implementing agreed school policies and guidelines.
- Supporting initiatives decided by the headteacher and staff.
- Planning appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks/having the highest expectation of every child, believing that every learner has unlimited potential for development.
- Planning and delivering the curriculum within the framework of present school policies, both in short and long term planning structures.
- Setting clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils learning
- Planning and resource a classroom which will encourage the development of all aspects of children's learning. In particular to encourage children independent use of resources and involvement in their learning.
- Monitoring children's progress, keep records and evaluate children's achievements. To set children high standards in the content and presentation of their work by the quality of your displays of that work.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, working as part of a team in all aspect of school development.
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy.
- Working in partnership with parents, carers in providing a quality education experience for all the children and report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Participating in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation.
- Communicating and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies.
- Leading a curriculum area or aspect
- Participating in the appraisal system for the appraisal of their own performance & that of other teachers.
The right person will have:
- The ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities and a proven ability to work effectively in culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of continuing and recent professional development relevant to the post
- Understanding of equality of opportunity issues and how they can be effectively addressed in schools.
- The knowledge and understanding of current theory and best practice in learning and teaching, particularly as this relates to high achievement and attainment.
- Understanding of a diverse range of teaching and learning styles and techniques.
- Good understanding of the importance of culture and ethos and how this impacts on morale, high expectation and high standards.
- Good understanding of effective procedures for managing and promoting positive behaviour among pupils.
- Good understanding of the role of parents and the community in school improvement and how this can be practised and developed.
- Clear understanding of data analysis and the important impact this can have on achievement and attainment.
- Proven record of raising attainment.
- Experience of promoting positive behaviour conducive to learning and which is focused on raising standards.
- Experience of promoting highly effective communications within and between teams and other stakeholders in the school community.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Capita Education are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Due to the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days, your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.