Reference Number: PMLDS36303
Region: Greater London, Finchley
Salary: 10 - 13 per Hour
Position: Teaching Assistant
Are you seeking a rewarding role in education this academic year? One that allows you to use your skills and personality to help young people in their learning?
We currently work closely with colleges in a variety of locations in North London, providing learning support assistants to support students with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) at a range of locations including Barnet.
You potentially will have the opportunity to work with some great college teams, dedicated to supporting students with various learning difficulties and/or disabilities on their educational journey.
We are keen to hear from you to match your skills, expertise and work preferences with temporary opportunities we anticipate arising in September.
They may be part or full time, mid or long term temporary assignments, but you can be assured we will do our best to secure the right match for you. With over 15 years' experience in the post 16 sector, you are in good hands with Capita's further education team who are passionate about excellent customer service and finding the right jobs to suit each individual.
Ideally you will have:
* GCSEs in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent.
* Recent experience supporting students with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) in the education sector.
* An understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties, disabilities or mental health difficulties.
* An understanding of the needs of young people and adults in a college setting.
* A proven track record of supporting and promoting student independence.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
* Experience of accurate record-keeping.
* Good IT skills.
* Ability to understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
* A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
Some of the benefits working with Capita:
* Dedicated consultant committed to finding you the right job for you who will support you during your assignment.
* Opportunity to earn £250 through recommend a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply).
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website. Capita Education is a recruitment agency and is part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company.
If you're committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young people we're keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we'll get back to you or simply call us direct on 0800 316 1332.