Reference Number: LEARN31232
Region: Middlesex, Isleworth
Salary: 10.00 - 11.50 per Hour
Position: Support Staff
Are you seeking a new rewarding role in education? One that allows you to use your skills and personality to help young people in their learning?
A further education college in the Isleworth area is currently seeking a Learning support assistant with experience supporting young adults with challenging behaviours.
The role is on a part time temporary contract starting as soon as possible until the end of the academic year.
You will be based at the Isleworth campus which is close to Isleworth station, the nearest tube stations are Hounslow East or Osterley (both on the Piccadilly line).
The college has excellent facilities and is rated as one of the best college campuses in the country.
Ideally you will have:
* A Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
* Recent experience supporting students with difficulties or disabilities in the education sector.
* An understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties, disabilities, mental health difficulties or behavioural difficulties
* Experience supporting young adults with challenging behaviours.
* An understanding of the needs of young people and adults in a college setting.
* A proven track record of supporting and promoting student independence.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
* Experience of accurate record-keeping.
* Good IT skills.
* Ability to understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
* A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
Some of the benefits working with Capita:
* Dedicated consultant committed to finding you the right job for you who will support you during your assignment.
* Opportunity to earn £250 through recommend a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply).
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website. Capita Education is a recruitment agency and is part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company.
If you're committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young people we're keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we'll get back to you or simply call us direct on 0800 316 1332.