Reference Number: FINAN41015
Region: Buckinghamshire, Olney
Salary: 200 - 250 per Day
Position: School Business Manager
Finance Director, North England
Do you have previous senior finance experience, and the skills and knowledge to make a big difference in a short period of time?
If so then Capita Education have an interim Finance Director position available. We are looking for a talented leader to become a central member of the executive team of a Multi Academy Trust. The Finance Director will play a key advisory role to the trust and in the allocation of budgets and strategic targets for each individual school.
Due to the nature of the role, previous experience in senior finance roles with a Multi Academy trust is essential
Among the first tasks you will be expected to undertake is to review the existing finance and support structure across the trust. Alongside duties such as:
* Preparing year end multi academy trust accounts and to liaise with the trust auditors to obtain sign off for the annual accounts in accordance with DFE regulations.
* Oversee the creation, implementation and continual improvement of systems and processes
* Monitor the work of all school based finance managers within the trust to ensure the production of monthly management accounts. And produce timely and accurate reports and financial reports for the trust
* Support new schools entering the trust including preparing and reviewing budgets and supporting the set up of new finance systems and processes.
The successful candidate will also be experienced in:
* Strategic Planning and review
* Resource Management - estimating, securing and monitoring financial resources
* Programme and project management
And possess the following qualities:
* Action orientated, outcomes focused
* Good Business/commercial awareness
* Confident, calm and with good leadership skills
* Proven experience of all aspects of financial duties
If you have any questions in regards to the role please contact Liz Nevitt. Liz.email@example.com or for a confidential discussion on 01622 677108