Reference Number: CAREE05507
Region: Greater London, Finchley
Salary: 100 - 110 per Day
Position: Support Staff
Careers Advisers (level 6 qualified) wanted!
Do you have experience in providing careers advice to year 9-11 students?
Capita Education Recruitment is seeking talented careers advisers for potential opportunities working in schools in South/South East and South West London. If you are a level 6 or equivalent qualified careers adviser who has experience working in the education sector and are passionate about making a difference in young people's lives then we want to hear from you!
* Providing information, advice and guidance to students in order to help them progress in to education, employment and training
* Helping students identify suitable career paths, taking in to account individual skills, ambitions and personalities
* Helping students create CVs and cover letters, preparing them for interviews
* Maintaining an up to date generalist knowledge on the employment/training market and a wide variety of sectors/industries, including career entry requirements and scope of progression
* Demonstrating knowledge of existing education, employment and training opportunities
* Developing individual long-term action plans with students and routinely monitoring progress
* Helping co-ordinate careers events - contacts in different industries is a major advantage!
Skills, experience and qualifications:
* Educated to level 6 or equivalent in Careers Guidance
* Experience providing careers advice in a school or college
* Ability to engage with young people
* Ability to communicate with young people from different backgrounds
* Active listening skills
* Able to demonstrate knowledge of issues affecting young people from all backgrounds and their progression
* Excellent organisation and record-keeping skills
Part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company, Capita Education Recruitment has built a reputation for delivering the highest quality staff to schools in the UK over the last 15 years. Capita Education Recruitment ranks as one of the top four specialist education agencies (Recruitment International's Top 250 Report) and is one of only 50 recruitment companies to achieve gold REC Audited Education status.
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website.
As a successful applicant, you can expect your own specialist consultant working closely with you, dedicated to finding the right job to suit your skills, expertise and work preferences, a competitive pay rate of up to £110 per day and opportunity to earn £100 for referring a friend (terms and conditions apply).
If you would like to work with one of the UK's best education staff providers, enjoy handsome remuneration and inspire young people, then get in touch today! Simply submit your CV or contact Michael Dummett on 0800 151 3557/0207 202 0039 for more information or to discuss potential opportunities.