Reference Number: TEMPO57824
Region: Kent, Gillingham
Salary: 110 - 150 per Day
Position: Teaching Jobs
Maths Teacher Job, Gillingham
£110 - £150 per day
Are you a Maths Teacher who will rise to the challenge of working with those with disengaged from education?
Do you want a job where every day is different from the last?
If the answer is yes, then this could add up to be the right school for you!
This is a Key Stage 4 pupil referral unit based in the Gillingham area which caters for students who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. All students have behavioural, social or emotional needs and some may have additional learning needs.
We are looking for a temporary Maths Teacher to teach Maths to GCSE level including planning and marking.
As the ideal Maths teacher, you will:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status in the UK and have experience of teaching Maths to GCSE level
- Have proven experience of working with challenging young people with Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs
- an understanding of Alternative Curriculum methods
- the ability to deliver creative and innovative lessons to students who are reluctant and disengaged from education
- experience of leading a team of support staff
The school is Ofsted rated "Good" in its last inspection stating "behaviour improves rapidly and lessons are generally calm and orderly ". Students, taught in small groups of six, are supported by qualified and experienced staff. The school regularly works closely with other agencies within the community to enhance the learning provision of students. Students leave the school with accredited awards and many go on to further education.
The school is located close to public transport links and motorways.
The role is on a temporary basis and ongoing as the need is required.
In return for your hard work, Capita Education Resourcing will reward you with:
- The support of a dedicated consultant with ten years education recruitment experience
- A competitive daily rate which is reviewed after 12 weeks
- Access to CPD e-learning modules
- An opportunity to make a real difference within the SEN sector
If this Maths Teacher job sounds interesting to you, submit your CV now or call Tara Lancaster on 01622 693545 for more information on this Maths Teacher job or other SEN teaching jobs in Gillingham.