Reference Number: COMMU32255
Region: Greater London, Finchley
Salary: 15 - 25 per Hour
Position: Support Staff
Complex Learning Support Assistants - Barnet.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your skills and express passion to help young adults with complex learning difficulties in an education setting?
Are you dedicated to supporting students with complex learning difficulties or impairments, to assist them in getting the best out of their education?
We are currently working closely with a further education multi-campus college in North London who are looking for may be seeking communication support workers to support students with hearing impairment to start after October half term and to support students on a one on one basis. The college is renowned for its broad range of courses and high quality teaching staff. The college is one of the largest colleges in North London home to over 21,000 students across three campuses; all with easy transport access we'll find the position to best suit you and your lifestyle! Become part of the large and vibrant college community!
Ideally you will have:
* A Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
* Recent experience supporting students with difficulties or disabilities in a mainstream education sector.
* An understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties, disabilities, mental health difficulties or behavioural difficulties
* Manual handling experience
* Note taking experience
* An understanding of the needs of young people and adults in a college setting.
* A proven track record of supporting and promoting student independence.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
* Experience of accurate record-keeping.
* Good IT skills.
* Ability to understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
* A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
Some of the benefits working with Capita:
*Dedicated team committed finding you the right job for you and continued support during your assignment.
*Opportunity to earn £250 through recommend a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply).
With over 15 years experience in the post 16 sector, you are in good hands with Capita's further education team. Passionate about excellent customer service and finding the right jobs to suit each individual, we're keen to hear from you to match your skills, expertise and work preferences.
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website. Capita Education is a recruitment agency and is part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company.
If you're committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young people we're keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we'll get back to you or simply call us direct on 0800 316 1332.