Reference Number: LEARN13421
Region: County Durham, Barnard Castle
Salary: 8.00 - 8.90 per Hour
Position: Support Staff
Are you a dyslexia specialist looking for a new role this new academic year? Are you ready to use your knowledge, skills and personality to assist and connect young people with dyslexia?
We currently work closely with colleges in a variety of locations across the North East, providing learning support to students with dyslexia and a range of different needs, including South Shields, Newcastle and Gateshead.
You will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of staff and students and to become part of a hard working, high achieving college team who are dedicated to supporting students with dyslexia on their educational journey to help them achieve their potential! Depending on the student the level of dyslexia could be mild or severe and of course every student is different so we are looking for someone with the dedication to supporting those with dyslexia and who is adaptable to meet the needs of the individual students. The role may involve assisting the students with difficulties in dealing with the sounds of words, which makes it especially hard to learn to use phonics to read words, so finding ways to help which best suits the type of learner they are.
We are keen to hear from you and to match your skills, expertise and work preferences with the temporary opportunities we may have arising this term. These positions may be full or part time, mid or long term, temporary assignments, but you can be assured we will do our best to secure the best match for you!
With over 15 years experience in the post 16 sector, you are in good hands with Capita's further education team who are passionate about excellent customer service and finding you your perfect job!
Ideally you will have:
* GCSEs in English and Maths or level 2 equivalents.
* Recent experience supporting young adults with dyslexia.
* A good understanding of working with dyslexia
* Experience of supporting young adults with their communication; teachers, support staff and other pupils.
* preparing the student for changes of routine (eg around exam time).
* An understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties, disabilities or mental health difficulties.
* An understanding of the needs of young people and adults in a college setting.
* A proven track record of supporting and promoting student independence.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
* Experience of accurate record-keeping.
* Good IT skills.
* Ability to understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
* A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
Some of the benefits working with Capita:
* Dedicated consultant committed to finding you the right job for you who will support you during your assignment.
* Opportunity to earn £250 through recommend a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply).
As a business and individuals we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website. Capita Education is a recruitment agency and is part of Capita plc, one of the largest business process outsourcing organisations in the UK and a FTSE 100 company.
If you're committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young people we're keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we'll get back to you or simply call us direct on 0800 316 1332.