Southampton City College exists to provide a high quality service of education, training and promotion of learning.
The college will thereby:
* Increase the life opportunities of individuals and the productivity of organisations
* Strengthen the development and employability of individuals and employees
* Support the progression of individuals through further education into employment and higher education
* Contribute to the growth and economic development of the region through our curriculum offer
* Student Achievement
The college will aim to ensure that students achieve their qualification, progress and reach their potential.
* Community and other Partnerships
The college will play a dynamic role in its partnerships with local communities and other organisations which share its vision.
* Specialised Training and Skills Development
The college aims to be recognised as a centre of excellence for professional, technical and skills training.
The college has identified the following strategic themes for the period 2005-10:
* Leadership - Dynamic, effective governance and management.
* Economic Importance - Employer and Business Engagement
* Valuing Diversity - Equality of Opportunity and Access
* Workforce Development - Professional, Technical and Skills Training
* Learner Experience - Cutting Edge Methods and Infrastructure
* Knowledge Economy - Focus on Higher Level Skills
* Regional Importance -Working for Southampton and South Hampshire
* Success for All - Learner Achievement and Staff Development
City College is a further education college in Hampshire, providing career led courses and education for young people and adults.
The college is listed as 'good' by Ofsted, with some outstanding features. To ensure students have access to the very best equipment and learning environments, the college has recently invested around £48m in its campus and facilities are among the best in the region.