Our Mission Statement
The College exists to develop and enhance their abilities and skills so that students can fulfil their potential in a secure, caring, supportive and stimulating environment.
Our aim is to be acknowledged as a first choice provider of teaching and learning opportunities by ensuring that:
The College will be recognised for:
- its clear emphasis on maximising student potential and achievement through the setting of realistic, challenging college and individual student targets
- its care and concern in meeting the needs of individual students
- providing a broad, imaginative, up to date and inclusive curriculum which seeks to respond to local, regional and national initiatives and the needs of students and employers
- recruiting well qualified and professional staff who put students first and inspire them with a love of learning.
- being a centre of excellence in preparing students for future life transitions through an inclusive personal, educational and careers guidance process.
- being open, self critical and committed to standards of high quality and continuous improvement
- being well equipped and resourced by maximising its physical, financial and human resources levels within its budgetary constraints
- positive cooperation and commitment to working with other organisations within the local, regional and national community in a spirit of partnership
- participating in activities within the local, national and international community which recognise and benefit those least able to help themselves
The students will have the opportunity to experience:
- the challenge of high aspirations, expectations and the pursuit of excellence
- the encouragement and support to believe in themselves, make the most of and develop their skills and talents in an enriching, success orientated environment.
- the encouragement and support to become responsible and self disciplined in their approach to learning and study
- a growth in self-confidence arising from personal success and achievement
- access to up to date learning resources within the budgetary constraints of the college
- sensitive personal, educational and careers guidance provided by a professional and dedicated staff
- a safe, friendly, stimulating and challenging learning environment with a sense of community which grows from consideration, regard and respect for others.
- the support which enables them to work with others in a spirit of trust and co-operation so that they can take their place as creative, thoughtful and responsible * citizens in the wider community
The staff, in recognition of the fact that they are the most valuable asset, will have access to a positive working environment which:
- is forward looking, positive and proactive
- provides good leadership and effective management which values and encourages vision
- promotes good communication and consultation systems and procedures
- engenders a spirit of co-operation, respect, trust, team work and professional pride
- is success orientated and seeks to recognise staff as professional people and value them as individuals
- embraces parity of esteem
- embodies a supportive culture of self assessment and improvement
- strives to identify and meet their needs for ongoing professional development and training